Become part of an international community pursuing a shared commitment to genetics...
Join the Genetics Society of America
Membership in Genetics Society of America (GSA) makes you part of a community of more than 5,500 scientists around the world committed to deepening our
understanding of the living world through advancements in genetics.
GSA is the voice for those conducting fundamental studies in genetics and those working with model organisms from Arabidopsis to humans to zebrafish. Our
members use genetics and genomics to advance knowledge in a wide variety of systems and applications, including those working with new and emerging systems as
well as traditional model organisms, those employing and develop novel techniques and approaches, and those increasingly interested in the bioinformatics and
analysis of data.
Your membership enables the Society to continue to advance scholarship in genetics, to convene you and your fellow researchers, to foster the careers of the next generation of geneticists, to communicate the value of research and of model organisms, to advocate on behalf of the genetics community, and much, much more.
Your membership entitles you to a number of exclusive member benefits, including the following:
- Discounted registration fees for attending GSA conferences
- Reduced publication charges for GSA's two peer-edited research journals
- Free individual subscription to GSA's peer-edited journal GENETICS
- Eligibility for travel grants and awards for students and postdocs to advance their careers, including the following:
- Eligibility to apply for GSA Trainee-Organized Symposia (for students and postdocs)
In addition, GSA members are eligible to receive discounts and special offers from GSA partners:
As a member, you support the increasing number of activities that GSA conducts on behalf of the
genetics and model organism communities including the following:
- Advocacy in support of funding and policies that promote research and education in genetics
- Career development and education programming across GSA conferences
- GeneticsCareers.org, GSA's jobs board launched in partnership with the American Society of Human Genetics
If you have suggestions for other benefits we should explore, please contact GSA at email@example.com.